Summer Youth Work Experience and Career Exploration parent-student orientations are scheduled. See the Summer Youth Program page for details.
Turning Gears hosted its 3rd seminar with Denise Bissonnette on May 12 and 13, 2016.
Day 1 covered Resilience- practical tips and techniques to promote resilience and self-renewal including making the most of your time and energy, dealing with adversity and barriers. Day 2 of the seminar covered Paths to Potentiality-presenting shifts in mindset to promote continual growth in creativity, resilience, and every day leadership, embracing change and reaching toward possibilities in life and work.
Turning Gears sponsored a seminar with Kit Cummings, founder of the Power of Peace Project October 29 & 30, 2015
Kit Cummings is an internationally acclaimed speaker, teacher and author. Kit brings his experience working in some of the most dangerous areas of the world-to bring about organizational change. The Power of Peace Project strives to remove the shame and stigma experienced by addicted and incarcerated individuals, and show that these individuals can change and prepare to become “Returning Citizens.” The Power of Peace Project has now expanded into a community development project which provides a wide range of programming in wounded communities.
Turning Gears was proud to sponsor a second seminar with Denise Bissonnette on October 2nd and 3rd of 2014. Seminar content included:
- 30 Ways to Shine: skills to enhance job performance and retention.
- Creating an Inclusive Workplace: promoting the value of diversity and understanding the complexities of a diverse workforce.
- Rekindle the Flame: re-igniting the passion and purpose of the workplace as well as how to elicit the discovery of each individual’s unique gifts and bring them into the workplace.
In October 2013, Turning Gears sponsored a two-day seminar with Denise Bissonnette, in collaboration with the Tri-County Placement Network.
Seminar topics included:
- The Art of Creating Opportunity: Denise’s Top Twelve Employment Tools
- Beyond Traditional Job Development: Strategies for Employer Engagement
Denise Bissonnette is an internationally renowned writer, trainer and keynote speaker. Her book, Beyond Traditional Job Development: The Art of Creating Opportunity, is considered the definitive text in employment programs and university classrooms throughout North America. For more information about Denise and her presentations visit her webpage here: http://www.denisebissonnette.com/index.htm
Check back for information on new and upcoming events.